Data Center Optimization
Our Data Center Optimization service is a cost effective way to get helpful information to better manage your software portfolio. This service reviews your software inventory and provides guidance for specific product license scenarios. Our Data Center Optimization service uses detailed usage data, contract entitlement, and financial information to review software licensing across the mainframe data center. It is a detailed, manual review of software licenses and usage that produces recommendations for cost reductions.
- The data center manager receives an improved overall understanding of the data center.
- The Data Center Optimization service is easy for you to initiate with our data collection package.
- Our detailed analysis helps the manager identify and proactively implement solutions to improve software value and reduce software expenses.
- Our analysis examines both hardware and software data to influence improvements in hardware configuration and software placement.
- Our Data Center Optimization service can often help speed software upgrades.
- Our service helps you understand and implement SAM best practices.
- Our Data Center Optimization service helps raise your company to “best in class” status among data centers of similar size for software pricing and deployment.
Collecting Your Data for Analysis
We begin by helping you collect software pricing and usage data and load it into our Software Intelligence Database. We collect your IBM and ISV software data quickly and efficiently using our software data collection package. Specific company information is kept in the strictest confidence. ISAM’s GreenBookSM, our Software Intelligence Database, has software pricing data from data centers of various sizes (total MIPS or MSU) and which represent all industries. Our database is the largest and most comprehensive in the software asset management industry, and we have developed multiple applications to help clients reduce expenses and manage software assets.
Why guess when you can know
- ISAM provides a software data collection package with easy instructions.
- Hardware and software data are loaded into GreenBookSM, our Software Intelligence Database, to develop various models which influence LPAR usage and software placement.
- We prepare a customized analysis that quantifies savings within multiple hardware and software scenarios.
- ISAM provides a detailed analysis with multiple scenarios to help the manager understand software value, hardware configuration, and software placement.
- ISAM identifies core products and candidates for consolidation, elimination, or negotiation.
- Our analysis provides guidance to help make decisions about specific product licenses.
- Our report also offers suggestions for SAM best-in-class practices and long-term savings strategies.
- We provide tools to raise your company to “Best in Class” status for IBM and ISV software pricing.
Once the data is received, it generally takes about eight weeks (less if requested) to produce the Data Center Optimization service.
The ISAM team is made up of professionals with unique experience in software asset management. Our team members have financial, software pricing, database, and data center management expertise, and they all provide excellent customer service.
After the IBM Software Pricing Audit and the SAS Software Usage Analysis, our Data Center Optimization service is typically the next logical step for the SAM team that’s driven to further understand software asset management and implement measurable cost reductions.