SAS Software Usage
Our SAS Software Usage Analysis is an easy and risk-free way to analyze and manage your SAS software portfolio based on SAS usage. ISAM studies your SAS software and helps minimize its costs based on SAS inventory size and placement. ISAM clients save an average of 46 percent on their SAS software invoices after implementing our recommendations.
- The SAS Software Usage Analysis costs nothing unless we find savings.
- This service is easy for you to initiate with our data collection package
- This service helps you strategically manage your SAS software portfolio and generate significant cost reductions.
- This service helps you license your SAS software in the most cost-effective manner.
- Our SAS Software Usage Analysis provides helpful information to address critical SAS issues and concerns.
- Our service helps you understand and implement SAM best practices.
- Our SAS Software Usage Analysis helps raise your company to “best in class” status among data centers of similar size for software pricing.
Collecting Your Data for Analysis
We begin by helping you collect software pricing data and load it into our Software Intelligence Database. We collect your SAS software data quickly and efficiently using our SAS data collection package. Specific company information is kept in the strictest confidence. ISAM’s GreenBookSM, our Software Intelligence Database, has software pricing data from best in class data centers of various sizes (total MIPS or MSU) and which represent all industries. Our database is the largest and most comprehensive in the software asset management industry, and we have developed multiple applications to help you reduce expenses and manage software assets.
Why guess when you can know?
- ISAM provides a SAS data collection package with easy instructions.
- We prepare a customized analysis and report that provides usage statistics and cost-saving opportunities.
- We prepare a customized analysis to identify and prioritize SAS usage statistics and SAS savings opportunities.
- We also provide SAS usage statistics – including time and day graphs. These statistics also include SAS usage by SAS product.
- Recommendations include SAS workload consolidation and elimination.
- Our report also offers suggestions for SAM best practices and long-term savings strategies.
- Tools to raise your company to “Best in Class” status for SAS software pricing.
Once the data is received, it generally takes about four weeks (less if requested) to produce the SAS Software Usage Analysis.
The ISAM team is made up of professionals with a unique experience in software asset management. Our team members have financial, software pricing, database, and data center management expertise, and they all provide excellent customer service.
Our clients see the greatest savings when their SAM teams openly share information about changes to their hardware environment or specific CPU usage. For example, when we are made aware of planned changes to CPU usage or LPAR usage, we are often able to make suggestions for additional savings. Check out the SAS Software Usage Analysis case study on our website to see a specific example on how we helped a client produce additional savings based on the information they provided us during the analysis stage of our service.